This massive classic house was built by William Wheeler in 1813 (addition in 1840) is likely the second oldest home in Deposit, NY. The Greek Revival contains 5,734 square feet plus attic and 3 fireplaces (one massive of stone in the Library), 7 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, wide plank flooring and an elevator. Original wooden shutters on the wood-clad exterior.
The 1.5 acre lot includes 233′ of frontage on the trout-filled West Branch Delaware River. A beautiful paved semi-circular driveway runs through and it includes a very functional 2 story horse barn, ideal for storing several drift boats. Both buildings need some restoration but are usable in their current state and located on a beautiful section of the river. The mature landscaping creates the feel of an old world estate and adds to the privacy.